You're in a tight corner if you intend to launch your eCommerce website but need help choosing a platform, And you must have been researching some of the bigger names in the eCommerce industry. For instance, the big players in eCommerce include Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify, and more. There is close competition between WooCommerce and Magento, so you need help considering one. Do not be concerned; we are here to assist you. This blog will help you clear the dilemma of choosing the right plugin for launching your e-store. Below we will cover a detailed comparison of features, pricing, unique selling point, preferred user base, and more related to Magento Vs WooCommerce. So let's begin!
Magento Vs WooCommerce: Overview
Magento ecommerce platform was first released as an open-source platform in 2008. The company behind Magento, Magento Inc., was founded by Roy Rubin and Yoav Kutner. The platform was built to create a flexible, customizable e-commerce solution that businesses of all sizes could use. Since its launch, Magento has become one of the most popular e-commerce platforms, and thousands of businesses worldwide use it to power their online stores.
In 2018 Adobe Systems acquired Magento for 1.68 Billion USD, and now Magento comes as Adobe Magento Commerce. The active users of Magento are 25,0000+. It has 890+ themes for the users to design with freedom, ruling 8 percent in the ecommerce market.
WooCommerce was founded by WordPress co-founder Matt Mullenweg and co-founder of WooThemes, the company that created WooCommerce, Mark Jaquith. It was officially launched on September 27, 2011, and has since matured into WordPress's most popular e-commerce platform. 23 % of all online stores are using WooCommerce platforms. It has more than 1144 themes, so there is no restriction for customizing your theme while designing a website.
Let's discuss the main features of Magento Vs WooCommerce
- It is a WordPress plugin. So has the capability for managing Ecommerce related issues from the WordPress Admin dashboard of the website.
- They support marketing campaigns like coupon codes, discounts, usage limits, etc.
- It has modern reporting facilities for sales, inventory levels, store performances, customer reviews, etc.
- It supports several payment gateways, including PayPal, Credit Cards, and COD.
- The capabilities include a free shipping of the product or flat-rate delivery. There are options for controlling the tax settings.
- Use the templates for having a customizable e-store.
- The ability to perform target marketing, merchandising, and customer segmentation.
- Options for setting more than one item in the wish list.
- A portable device for quicker response.
- Options for adding countless items in the products section.
- Highly integrated content management system.
- Privacy feature for selling any product to any customer.
Unique Selling Point
Magento Vs WooCommerce: Who has the unique selling point? Let's find out!
- Scalable and flexible Ecommerce app
- Product management option
- Catalogue management facility
- Highly professional web designing option
- B2B Ecommerce facility
- A wide range of useful integration options.
Able to handle multi stores on the same connection.
- No transaction fee.
- Complete control for the customization.
- Several themes and extension options.
- Several helping hands are present, contributing to the open-source experts.
- Easy to learn and operate.
- A large number of helpful resources are available.
- It has the best content management capabilities.
Who falls back? Magento Vs WooCommerce, let's get to know.
- Complex knowledge, skills, and system knowledge are essential for operating Magento.
- Expensive to use and maintain
- 3rd party applications are tough to implement
- Constant software updates
- You must get personnel to maintain and manage the application to overcome high developer skills.
- It is essential to maintain; otherwise, data can be lost.
- More chances of the plugin conflicting with the others.
- A wide number of developer skills are required.
- Requires constant updates of the core plugins and self-hosting
- Usable only when presented on WordPress.
Magento Vs WooCommerce: Who’s cheaper?
The Magento public plan is free to download and use. However, the enterprise plan requires $18000/ year.
It is a WordPress plugin and is free to use and download. Isn't it amazing?
Magento Vs WooCommerce: Which site performance is better? Read on to know.
As you know, site performance matters greatly. Hence, the performance depends on the hosting provider and what volume of the file loads. Thus you can't afford a website that takes longer to load. It frustrates the customer if the site loads slowly.
The performance of WooCommerce and Magento varies due to their functionality and size. Regardless of the site, the performance depends on other factors like hosting provider, optimized images, and usage of the content delivery network.
Level of Security
Who has a better security level? Magento Vs WooCommerce, find out below.
None of the online stores is successful or effective unless secure. The security measures should not go unnoticed. Consequently, Magento and WooCommerce should provide the best security to maintain their ratings. However, both platforms utilize several security measures with extensions and manual procedures. However, no site is 100 percent secure from security attacks, but Magento has security patches. So if you want a platform that provides the best security, choose Magento is the ideal choice in this regard.
Magento Vs WooCommerce: which is the highly preferred user base?
Magento consists of complex settings, making it tougher for large companies. The people who want to invest more and grow their business should prefer the Magento user base. To maintain Magento, you have to develop certain skills as well. Thus, those with a tech background can find Magento 2 highly suitable.
It is a WordPress plugin, so the preferred user base of WooCommerce is WordPress. So if you own a WordPress site, you must install a WooCommerce plugin to set up the Ecommerce website. So it is simple for WordPress users.
Level of User Convenience
Who provides a better level of user convenience? Magento Vs WooCommerce, now you know.
The stars above indicate that Magento is the winner regarding the user-satisfaction level. Besides, the development requirement shows that the users should have enough knowledge to use Magento.
The core functionality level depicts the system's complex options unsuitable for Ecommerce site owners. And Magento's price point is higher and unsuitable for all retailers.
With that said, both Woocommerce and Magento offer great user satisfaction. Though the satisfaction level of WooCommerce is higher for small to medium size businesses. On the contrary, Magento is ideal for high-end plans of any kind of business.
The Verdict: Quick Overview of Magento Vs WooCommerce
If you look back at the section of features of Magento and WooCommerce, it will help you choose among them. Below are the significant attributes in the chart that will assist you in making the final choice.
After knowing about the features, drawbacks, and other essential things, choosing one is still not easy. Each of the platforms has its perks. Thus, it will be wiser to choose a platform that is fulfilling the platform of your E-commerce business requirements.When comparing the platforms, it is obvious that WooCommerce is perfect for those who want to build a robust and scalable Ecommerce platform using WordPress over anything else by trusting blindly.
On the other hand, using the Magento open-source platform is a costly undertaking. Additionally, to use it without any hassle, users should know to use it. Nonetheless, the magento system is quite complex. If you have enough budget of around $15000-20000, then there is no better choice than magento.
The Final Choice!
Both Magento Vs WooCommerce have their unique selling points and innovative features. However, the user base of the platforms varies from each other. So choosing any of the platforms among these two does not depend only on the variant user base.
At last, WooCommerce is an application designed for all businesses. It assists in selling the products and involves better functionalities by providing extensions to fulfill the customers' requirements. And for WordPress users, WooCommerce is the best platform to choose. So choose WooCommerce if you have a site set up on WordPress. Likewise, those with less budget for an Ecommerce business should sell the products on this platform. However, you can add premium extensions to enhance the setup.
If you are looking for Ecommerce services that are reliable and affordable? Beaconhouse Technology is serving worldwide. So consult us today for any services regarding WooCommerce, Magento, or other Ecommerce platforms. Check out www.beaconhousetechnology.com for more info!